The Modern II FAQ
- Can't I just buy it cheaper on eBay?
Absolutely yes! We encourage those do-it-yourself types to do so, and leverage the broad Apple II enthusiast ecosystem for support as we have.
- How do you modernize an Apple II systems?
Starting with a gently used Apple II computer we take them through the following process:
- Thoroughly clean
- Retrobright the case to get rid of any yellowing. We use a tried-and-true method for consistent results.
- Enhance the IIe if not already enhanced (CPU and ROM upgrades)
- Add LAN card for easy access to ADP PRO
- Add VGA video card to access modern LCD screens
- Add optional Mockingboard sound board, and speakers
- Add optional memory-card mass storage device
- Carefully test all components, repair or upgrade as appropriate
- Add supporting manuals, blank disks, and start-up software
- Can I see a picture of the system I'm buying?
No, for simplicity in selling we are not sending specific pictures. Rest assured, your system will be in excellent condition with only minor signs of use. If you are unhappy for any reason you can return the system.
- What is the return policy?
Two weeks from time of arrival for full refund for any reason. Just one component not working? The Modern II will quickly send a replacement to get you up to speed in no time.
- What is the warranty?
90 days - we will typically replace any broken components.
- Are you selling Apple II Software?
No, The Modern II is focused on selling a complete hardware solution that can easily access the wealth of software available on the internet.